Friday, October 17, 2008

$2.53????

I was so excited yesterday when I saw this gas price!
Actually I got it for,
2.50 a gallon, with my walmart card.
Today when I past, it was 2.49!
I would like to hope it would stay this low or continue to go down. This past week at school was crazy! We were preparing for our annual harvest carnival which takes alot of time. Our community enjoys the event and it was a success. Thank goodness it's over for this year! We have been on fall break the last few days and it's been nice to have a couple of days off.
Yesterday, I attended a funeral of a friend's mom. Here is a poem they read.
"Time flies," everyone says.
It's frightening sometimes to look in the mirror
and see the evidence of that.
So often, we don't take a moment
to say what's in our hearts,
and then,when it too late, we wish we had.
I'm taking a moment now, Mom, to tell you this...
When I was a child, there was
so much I couldn't understand,
like how hard you worked
and how much you sacrificed for our family.
There were dreams you had to put on hold
and dreams that never came true.
You must have felt frustrated sometimes, no doubt,
and at times even full of despair.
Yet you never gave less than your best to us.
You didn't have an exciting career or beautiful clothes.
You never traveled the world or drove a fancy car.
Everyday, you looked after us,
worried about us, fed us, and loved us,
without expecting anything in return.
You see, Mom, I know now and understand
that you actually gave me two lives:
My own...and yours.
Cheryl Van Gleson
I thought it was beautiful and so true!
Enjoy your Saturday!
Karen~

1 comment:

Just Me said...

wow--what a beautiful poem! I love it...

our gas prices are still around $2.99.....at least that's what it was yesterday.....i need to fill up today, so it better have gone down!!