Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Halloween Fun

SPIDER POPS
Here is a simple but fun activity for your kids to make.
I make these at school with my kids and they love it, a craft and snack all rolled into one!
The only problem I have is that the kids want to rip open the tootsie pop/blow pop too quickly. I want them to enjoy their Halloween decoration for a little while. But what do I know?!...lol.
CRAFT MATERIALS:
Black pipe cleaners
Lollipops
Googly eyes
Glue
Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Holding all four pipe cleaners, center them at the base of the pop and wrap them around the stick once so there are four legs on each side. 2. Bend the pipe cleaner ends to form eight feet. 3. Glue on googly eyes.
*****************************

Are these not the cutest things!!! Too cute to eat!

I am going to make these mummy dogs and even my 15 year old will like these, he may not admit it but he will. I found these posted on the Tip Junkie Blog.

YUMMY MUMMY DOGS

Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold, bun length hot dogs, and mustard.
For each Mummy Dog, cut one dinner roll in half. Roll each half into a 22-24-inch rope. Wrap one rope around hot dog from bottom up 4 1/2 inches. Cut a 1 1/2 inch piece off of the second rope and set aside. Wrap the second rope around the hot dog from the bottom up 4 1/2 inches going the opposite way. Wrap the 1 1/2 inch piece around the top of the hot dog. Place Mummy Dogs on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350°F 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, cool slightly and add mustard eyes. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard.
This time of the year is alot of fun!
Great food, friends, family and activities!
Karen~

3 comments:

Linsey R said...

OH, Look how creative you are--even with food, hehe! These look like such fun and yummy too! Eeek! I also love your spider pops--too adorable! Thanks for visiting me at my blog and I'm so happy I found yours! Your son and furbabies are so cute! TFS and inspiring and I hope you have a great weekend toO! :) hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Cute mummy dogs! I think I may make those for our halloween party!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

THese are so cute! My youngest will get a kick out of having these on her plate for Lunch! haha! thanks for the idea!