Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another Day Closer...

to my son's 8th grade graduation. Tonight was sports night at our school, a presentation of athletic awards to deserving students in grades 5th-8th. My son Tyler was a "Best Defensive Lineman" award for football. He seemed excited. Tonight is especially special to the 8th grade class that is getting ready to leave our elementary school and move on to the high school level. I know it is nothing like high school graduation and I know alot of elementary school don't even have a graduation ceremony for their 8th grade. I am excited for my son in lots of ways but then the selfish part of me will miss having him at school with me since I work at the same school. I keep telling myself not to get upset but I will, just like tonight...I got a tear in my eye a time or two. Everyone says this but it does seem just like yesterday that Tyler started preschool and now he will be 15 years old this summer. I am so proud of my son, he is a great kid! Enough of that stuff...*smiles*. The rest of this week at school is going to be so busy, finishing up loose ends, end of the year activities and things. Plus I have a birthday at the end of the week, now that's a good way to end the week. Have a great Wednesday!

Karen~

No comments: