Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Survived the First Week Back

Tomorrow will be the beginning of week two for me and Tyler. We survived our first few days of school last week. It hasn't been too bad, just feeling a little tired since we aren't quite used to our school schedule yet but we will get there (I hope). I should be in bed as we speak but in a little while I'll hit the hay.

I read blogs everyday that talk about what funnies their kids are doing or what milestone they have reached and I enjoy reading them all. This week I had to drop Tyler off at high school for the first time and I bawled like a baby on my way to school. I know, I'm a big baby...I admit it. One reason it has been more difficult for me is because he has went to the same school where I work since he started preschool. I have been at school where he played ballgames, was in school plays, participated in 4-H projects or just came to my room and raided my gum stash and drank my tea and all of the sudden...that is all over!! (sad face). But you know, his first few days were fine...I was the only one having the problem so I will work on just sucking it up...lol.

The weather has been so mild here the last few days and it actually rained today. I hope it stays kind of mild since Tyler will start after school football practice on Tuesday and I think they will have about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour practice, man...do I dread that for those boys.

I have added a few things in my etsy shop in the last week so you might want to check those out if you have time. This past week was really busy so you would think I would have a few more exciting things to talk about...lol.

Enjoy your Monday everyone!!!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Glad you are both adjusting!! And I love your new yummies on the shop!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am a single parent, and my daughter is heading off to High School next week. WE have a lot of things in common. I also scrapbook, craft and love photography. Good to find you. Chris